Just another kid obsessed with marching
This blog is run by Araycia
Be free to send stories and asks.
Anonymous said: Band camp is in a week, please bless me with some tips on how to survive (it's my 4th year but anything helps, ya know?)
- wear sunscreen
- wear clothes
- or don’t wear clothes. either one works.
- keep extra clothes in your locker just in case something happens
- invest in some cooling mist. Goldbond sells it. it’s amazing.
- invest in hot hand packs for the winter [because they’re cheaper rn because no one needs them. they’re in the camping section at wal-mart.]
- invest in a gallon water jug.
- don’t drink soda at rehearsal. it’ll dehydrate you faster and fuck up your horn [if you play a horn]
- drink gatorade or propel.
- drink water.
- keep extra pencils in your locker.
- keep extra medication in your locker [motrin, midol, etc.]
sometimes in the middle of playing a rep i realize i’m not thinking and that it’s all muscle memory and then i start to focus on the notes and then i completely fuck up the rep
Plot twist: The reed breaks you.